Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Secret Project: WiP 3

So here we are in the middle of what I am referring to as Ork Week. Its kinda like Shark Week from the Discovery Channel, but I don't have Mike Rowe narrate it.


Now I know what you're thinking, "boy that Ork sure looks 'armless," (that was for all the cockney readers) but what happened is that I found if I kept his right arm attached, I couldn't get to all the nooks and crannies, so I did what any good Mad Dok would do, and I ripped it off.

Anywho. I knew this would be kind of a dark and dingy model, so I wanted something to stand out a bit. So this here Ork has blue jeans on. I achieved this by starting with Astronomican Grey, and then simply washing it with Asurmen Blue. I think it looks pretty good.

The tunic started out Dheneb Stone and then washed with Devlin Mud. I wanted the different leather bits to look different so I painted them a veriaty of brown colors (Khemri Brown, Calthan Brown, Snakebite Leather) and then washed them all at the same time with Devlin Mud.


The metal started out as Boltgun Metal and then washed with Devlin Mud. I then hand painted the checks and tirangles with Chaos Black. I'm not 100% happy with this because the black did not go over the metal/mud very dark. I tried putting a couple of coats on but it didn't get any better. In the end I convinced myself that it looked dirty, and that is what I was going for. In the end I edged all of the metal with Chainmail.


The skin started out with Orkhide Shade, and was then dry brushed Knarloc Green. then Washed with Thraka Green.

The bones got and undercoat of Astronomican Grey, then a base of Bleached Bone, and then a Dry brush of Skull White before being washed with Gryphonne Sepia.

No comments:

Post a Comment