Monday, June 27, 2011

Book Review: Nagash the Unbroken

So this is the second book of the Nagash series from the Black Library's Time of Legends books. I read the first book, Nagash the Sorcerer and I didn't like it too much.

This second book, however was excellent. Unlike the first book, this book did not have five million plot lines like the first one. This one had just two plot lines. One follows Queen Neferata of Lahmia. Her brother (and husband) brought back some of Nagash's books from the final battle from the first book. He also brings back Arkhan the black with him.

This plot line follows how the books are deciphered and the results of that research has repercussions throughout the rest of the Old World.

The second story arc follows Nagash after his defeat in the last book. Nagash is barely clinging to life (or unlife?) and claws and stumbles his way to a large mountain with a very large deposit of Warpstone. Oddly enough, the Warpstone does NOT have what a normal person would call, a desirable effect.

This book really drew me in. I was upset when each chapter ended, and the next chapter began with the second plot line, but by the time the next chapter ended, I was upset to switch to the first plot line. This kept going on and kept driving me to finish the book.

I give this book four risen warriors out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment