Monday, April 4, 2011

Blast from the Past

So waaaaaay back last summer, I was kinda burned out from painting Dwarfs, and didn't really want to restart my Space Wolves yet. What I really wanted was a new army. I am a space marine fanboy a heart and wanted a new space marine army, but really couldn't see buying more rhinos or razorbacks (I have like 4 of them) for a new army. But I did want to paint cool minis like some of the chaplains and librarians that GW makes, but do not transition over to Space Wolves.

So what I decided to do was to paint up a squad or so of some of the space marine chapters I thought were pretty cool. I started out with a Black Templar squad. I did way back. I also bought bits to make up some Crimson Fists, Flesh Tearers and Iron Hands squads.

I painted up the Black Templar squad complete with a chaplain, but then kinda lost interest in the rest as I was having trouble priming minis in the Texas summer heat.

Turns out it was not the heat so much as the craptacular spay primer I was using. I was trying to go cheap and I kept getting minis that looked like orange peels.

Flash forward to now. I have recently started repainting after a few months with some Khador Warjacks from Warmachine. After I finished those, I really wanted to paint up my Iron Hands. So I sprayed them with some GW primer this time and they turned out fine.

Here are some of my WiP pics of the Iron Hands. I think I'll finish painting them by the end of the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment