Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Podcasting: Bad Dice Podcast

I first heard of the Bad Dice Podcast from listening to Podhammer (Jeff Carrol does a very good Ben Curry impersonation btw). I really don't know what it is, but I must be drawn to the accents in my podcasts. So far, only one of the Podcasts I listen to on a regular basis have american accents.

Bad Dice (which started before Heelanhammer) is similar to Heelanhammer, but it seems to be to be more tournament oriented. One of the things I really enjoy about listening to Bad Dice and HH is often times, you get two different prospectives of the same gaming tournament. I find that interesting. There are actually times where you get to hear a battle report from the same battle from two different views. For me that is pretty cool.

Both of the Bens seem to be very good at WHFB. Both qualified for the UK masters last year, and if I recall correctly, both went to play for the England for the ETC. They do a good bit of hobby along with their tournament reporting, but I personally enjoy hearing of their exploits in the competitive Warhammer setting.

The podcast is quite a bit more explicit than Heelanhammer, but again, I think that is what makes these two podcasts go together so well.

One thing I would like to point out is that although I keep talking about how the two podcasts go well together, I don't want to make it sound as if one relies on the other. The two do however, seem to have a synergy that makes the two more powerful than each separately. For me, I can't listen to one, without listening to the other.

Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment