Monday, June 4, 2012

T-17: Terminators 2

It really doesn't look like it, but there was a lot of work done in the last day. I finished up the bases of these nine dudes (seeing as I use the same color for my base coat of the tundra as the armor, I actually paint the bases first). I then put down the base coat and high light of the armor and then washed them.

For the nine guys at the speed at which I paint, that was a lot of work!


I am still using the old GW paints, so the base coat is Shadow Grey. The highlight is Space Wolves Grey, and the wash is Asurmen Blue. I am hoping that I can finish my Space Wolves army with the paints I have (although I doubt it) so I don't have to worry about the new paints not being the same colors.

As you can see above, I have also painted up the cyclone missile launcher.


So here are the arms of the dudes. There are 16 arms here because I have already attached one of the thunder hammers and one of the power axes. These arms have been painted as the armor above. They didn't take very long at all, mainly because anything with a power fist (chain fist, wolf claw, or power fist) have been left black. I will paint them in the same colors as I painted up my Wolf Guard Battle Leader with wolf claws, so black fists and red fingers. 

I am hoping to spend a day to do the details on the armor, a day for the weapons, and a day for the heads and then have these guys done by the end of the week. Then all I'll have to finish is my tanks for War Games Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment