Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another Dark Angel Completed.

One of the best things about have a bit of a back log of posts for this blog is that when I say stuff like, "I'm just waiting of some bits to finish this guy off," I can sometimes get the bits in hand, paint them, and have a completed mini before the original post goes up on the blog. This is one of those times.


He is obviously GW's Master of the Fleet. I got him off of the same guy that I got the chapter master off of. My buddy had stuck a Rhino pilot's head on the body, and I didn't think it said Dark Angels, so I decided to stick with the cape and tabard theme and give him a hood. I think he looks pretty bad ass.


Not sure why I picked this angle, but you can kinda see the checkerboard pattern on the banner, that is a throwback to the checkerboard I did on the chapter master.


Along with the banner and hooded head, I bought a Dark Angels backpack to tie it all together. I believe this one comes from the Ravenwing. The only bad thing is that the lip of the right shoulder pad is actually wedged up under the skull-shaped exhaust port for the backpack. I hope he isn't planning on swinging that hammer!


I'm not sure if this new guy would be another chapter master, but he does look like he could pull it off.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, with really nice attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Reminds me of Ezzio from Assassin's Creed 2/3 in Power Armour.

    ReplyDelete