Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Plate-full of Long Fang Lovin'!

So I had my ups and downs the last couple of days. Monday afternoon I got an incredible amount of work done. I finished up the leather highlights, and I did a lot of accent colors including the tubes on the guns. I did a majority of the in red so that it would break up all the blue on the model. I also did a couple in bright green to be a bit different.

Then on Tuesday, I lost my steam as I started painting shoulder pads. I was painting my two least favorite colors, yellow and white. To get these anywhere near presentable I had to do two shades of Astronomican Grey and then two layers of Skull White to get the white. For the yellow it took two layers of Iyander Darksun and two layers of Sunburst yellow. So 27 dudes each with two shoulder pads and four layers per shoulder pad I painted about 200 shoulder pads (some of the models already had a first coat of Astronomican or Iyander).

The good news is that these guys are almost done, and I expect to finish them on Thursday. Today I primed and base-coated the backpacks for the guys who are missing those. Added side-arms to those that were missing them, and added wolf tails to those that needed them. Pretty much those are all I have left to finish up.

So here is a representative from each squad.

I like the little brass detailing on these guys. I think it adds a bit of warmth along with the red.

The cables were fun to do, and they do add a good bit of color.

Eventually, I want to paint some bright green highlights on the display for the the multi-melta.

I got these half-cloaks from a friend, I think they came from Warriors of Chaos, but they look great on the Space Wolves.  number of my Grey Hunters have them.

The lascannons look pretty bland unfortunately. There was no way I was going to go in and try to paint up those little tiny cables especially since they are on the inside. 

The heavy bolter is like the lasconnon in it's plainness. I do like the peak of red from the cable inside.

I really like the colors on the cables for the plasma cannon.

I think I did a pretty good job here.

Maybe not quite as good on the back.

Anyways, I hope to have these guys finished by Friday. Then I will start working on my Skyclaws and Swiftclaws, although I may have to delay them a bit as I will be ordering some parts from eBay.


  1. All looking very nice, I bet that can throw out a silly amount of shooting as well all together.

  2. I know! I want to get an Apoc game in.