Friday, July 8, 2011

Finished Wolves

Well after quite a few hours of green stuffing, the painting of the Fenrisian Wolves went very quickly. I thought on this post I go through how I painted them with pictures. I already went over this a bit on Wednesday's post, but here it goes again.

I started out with a Chaos Black prime (applied with a air brush). I don't have a picture of this, but just imagine one of the wolves completly black.

The first coat is Bleached Bone. I tried to make them different from wolf to wolf.


After that I applied a stripe of Khemri Brown foundation paint.


Next I dry brushed Codex Grey on the remaining black areas.


Now on to washing. The first was is Devlan Mud to the Bleached Bone and Khemri Brown areas.


The second wash was Badab Black on the Chaos Black and Khemri Brown areas.


At this point, the mini is pretty much done except for clean up. The claws where they were visible through the snow were painted black along with the lips if I was messy with previous steps. The tongue was painted Mechrite Red, then Blood Red followed by a highlight of Bleached Bone and a wash of Leviathan Purple. The teeth were painted Skull White and then I painted the edge of the base with Space Wolf Grey.



2 comments:

  1. I have 16 of these bad boyz waiting to get repainted so your strike a cord with me as they are unbelievably sharp. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they come out well. I enjoyed doing mine.

    ReplyDelete