Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weekend Paint Party: Part 1

So me and a friend of mine often get together on Saturday afternoon and hang out and paint. After spending all week with teenagers it is pretty cool to hang out with an adult (are as close to that as Tom is).


So this past weekend I worked on two models (it appears that my painting ADD even occurs while I'm painting). First up is Arjac Rockfist.


so while I was sitting there, I decided to do my least favorite part of painting, the base. I did up this guy's base to match the rest of my army, although at some point in the future I'm going to add snow a little grass to all of my basses (all 100 of them or so).



Usual paint scheme for these guys. I've got to try to figure out how to get the bend out of the hammer on this guy. Biggest downfall of Finecast is the bends that you get so easily in the long thin pieces. This piece was pretty straight until it got wedged in my carry case on the way home, and now it has a bend that I can't seem to get rid of. What I'm worried about is that I'm going to get the model 100% done and it is going to happen.


Now the reason that Finecast is great is this shield. I it is hard to see the detail here, but the detail is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment