Monday, May 9, 2011

Crimson Tide

This has nothing to do with the University of Alabama. This is the completion of my Flesh Tearers. I think they turned out very nicely. The Baal Red wash really darkened up the Blood Red which I originally thought was too bright.


One of the things I really like about these guys is the wings I've done. A lot of people will do them in gold, but I really hate painting gold. Mainly because GW gold paints suck. So what I have tried is putting down a Astronomicon Grey base-coat and then Skull White. Lastly, I slap on a wash of Asurmen Blue. This gives a very nice effect in my opinion


Another thing that was fun was painting green Purity Seals. This may sound weird but it was nice to do something a little bit different. And this, of course, is why I am painting all of these different chapters.



Up next is the leader of this squad. None other than Gabriel Seth. This mini looks awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment