Friday, May 20, 2011

Audio Book Review: Garro: Legion of One.

The latest in the Garro audio short stories, Garro: Legion of One is a pretty damn good tale. Nathanial Garro, former Death Guard, is still on a quest bestowed upon him by Macador the Sigillite. He is gathering others like him. Outcasts from both loyal an traitor legions to join what will be come (one would assume) the Inquisition.

In this book they have traveled to where it all began, Isstvan III. He is on a dead world searching for another to join their group, but he is not alone. He has the Ultramarines Librarian, and the World Eater.

When I first heard that there was a World Eater, I was hoping it was the guy from The Battle for the Abyss. He was one of the only cool characters in that book, but upon looking it up, I don't think it is the same guy. I'm pretty sure he died at the end of Battle, but I really don't want to go back and read that book as I didn't like it much.

On the world where everyone is dead, this group finds quite a few people that have survived the virus bombing ordered by Horus.

The tale is very well done. I think that they are getting better and better with the sound editing. This really felt as if you were "watching" a movie with your eyes closed.

 The ending of the story will make many people very happy. I was please with it as well. I think that it was very well done and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

I give this story four Isstvan's out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment