So I have been doing some more Warmachine work. I had put my Destroyer together at the same time as my Juggernaut. Both of them are magnitized so if/when I buy a Khador Heavy Warjack kit, I can mix and match if need be.
I did do one more thing with the Destroyer before I painted it. I used a dremel to drill out the bore of the Bombard cannon. I think it looks silly to have a big gun like that with just a small dimple that is supposed to represent the bore. I guess that is the reason that I tend to drill out as many barrels as possible. It doesn't matter if it is a space marine Bolter, or this Bombard.
The upper torso on the Destroyer is a bit more orange than the Jugger. On the Jugger, I used teh Khador Red Highlight as just that, a highlight. This time, however, I did a dry brush of the color. I'm not sure if I like it, but its too late now.
I did some small alterations to the scheme from last time. Before, on the torso where the spikey bits are, I left the plate they are sitting on black. This time, I painted it silver. I wanted there to be slight differences between the two warjacks to represent that they are individules and hand crafted works of art (I'm not sure whether the Warmachine world has assembly lines).
I also think I did a better job with the Gryphonne Sepia wash this time. I think I really made this machine look worn and used. I mainly put it on the bottom sides of other metal bits, to make it look like rust and oil and grime.
Last but not least, here are the two brother together. I have really enjoyed painting these two guys. They were really easy to paint. There are a lot of broad flat spaces, and most of the bits that do have a detail get painted Boltgun Metal and washed to bring out the details.
The most important thing I think that these two models has done for me is to get me into painting a bit more. I have restarted a long dormant project again because I am looking forward to painting again. But more on that later in the week.
Space marines to come!