Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Been a Long Time Coming.

Well it's been a rough couple weeks getting back into the swing of work again, so my hobby has suffered. I've been working 10 hours a day and coming home and working a couple more hours.

This past weekend was a three day weekend so I actually got quite a bit done. What started out as 10 or so Blood Claws I had to do turned into 24 dudes I worked on. I didn't quite finish them before the weekend was over, but I did finish it this evening.

So the main reason I had to work on all 24 of them was the shoulder pads. I suck at doing the stripy/spiky shoulder pads that the Wolves are supposed to have. What I am thinking of doing now is one squad with yellow pads and a red symbol, and the other squad has red pads and yellow symbols. The symbols will be decals, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to paint over them, but I think I'll be more successful than if I try to paint stuff by myself.


So why 12? Well I figure 12 is the max number I'll have of "vanilla" Blood Claws. I figure I'll have a Mark of the Wulfen dude in there, or a plasma pistol dude or special weapons to round out the squad.

Well I think my next project is my plasma pistol dudes. I have six of them to do. After that, I think I'll be moving on to the scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment