Friday, August 6, 2010

Review: Crossfire

So this is the first of Matt Farrer's Arbitor Calpurnia series. In it we get to see an aspect of the Imperium not seen too much, one of the Adeptus Arbites. Arbitor Calpurnia has been moved to a new planet and pretty much as soon as she sets foot on the plant there is an attempt made on her life! The rest of the book follows her investigation.

This book isn't exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for a detective story, but this book isn't like that which I dislike, but nevertheless it is a good read.

The book was a bit confusing to me in some places and while there where some good action, Calpurnia seemed to spend much of the book standing behind a group of arbites with riot shields.

This wouldn't be my first choice for a 40k book, but it isn't bad. I give it 3 shock mauls to the face out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment