Saturday, August 21, 2010

Before and After

So I initially painted my Space Wolves to go to BoLScon (now War Games Con). I painted most of 20 Grey Hunters, 25 Blood Claws, 2 Land Raiders, a Rune Priest, Dreadnought, 2 Wolf Guard and a Wolf Guard Battle Leader in about 2 months (pretty friggin fast for me.) My goal was to get to "table-top quality," and I think I did that.

So now, a year later, I am revisiting my painted Space Pups and setting the bar a little higher with their paint. I call in improved table-top quality! So I have highlighted the armor and bolt guns. The skin and armor got washes (different colors of course) and some basic clean-up of the painting all around.

I still haven't 100% decided what I am going to do with my right shoulder pads, so for these guys I have left them as-is.

So here is the before...


and here are the after shots





While these certainly aren't Golden Daemon award winners, they look pretty good on the table top. The camera actually high lights quite a few of the flaws (like the skin, which as since been re-washed with Ogryn Flesh, and looks much better).

Anywho, I'm happy that I got these guys done. My Grey Hunters are completely done. I am now set to field 2 squads of 10 and 2 squads of 5, and I will eventually have enough dudes to swap out special weapons, plasma pistols, force weapons and what not.

I think next week I am going to set my sights on the Blood Claws that need updating. I am pretty sure that there will be more than six, so their updates will probably be more than a single update.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment