Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought: WiP 2

The ongoing saga of another one of my Space Wolf Dreadnoughts continues with part two of my old, metal Venerable Dreadnought. 

On this update I have mainly worked on the gold, and there is a lot of it.

I usually don't paint a lot of gold, because I don't really like the Citadel golds. Now with this guy I wanted him to be a little blinged out, so I decided to buy some new paints and see if perhaps it was just my old bottles of paint that was messing things up.

 

Well, the new paint helped out quite a bit. I have put the Burnished Gold on over the Scorched Brown which is how I usually paint gold. I then washed with Gryphonne Sepia and drybrushed Shining gold, and I think it looks pretty good.


I also worked on the stolen Blood Talon. As you can see, if you look closely, you can see the blood drop, but I'm not going to worry about it now. All I need to do to finish up the lightning claw is to wash the Boltgun Metal with Badab Black.

As I stated previously, the skull on this arm will be painted as bone, so I'm leaving it brown a the moment.


I really like the way the gold turned out on this guy. With all of the recessed areas and the Gryphonne Sepia, it gave the gold an "old" feel that I was hoping to get. I don't want a Space Wolf vendread to look all shining and new.


Yeah, so I got all the way finished with the gold before I realized I forgot the trim on the back. I am currently undecided whether or not I should leave it as silver, or if I should go ahead and paint it gold. I think the mini may look a little confused with so much gold from the front, and so much silver on the back. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment