Friday, December 2, 2011

Space Wolf Forge World Dread: Part I

So here is my first swing at my Forge World Space Wolf Dreadnought. This model is soooooo cool. 


I've never really been one to think about blessings in disguise, but I think that it happened with this guy. He recently fell on the ground and shattered. The legs came off the base, and the two legs separated from the hips!

Now while the legs breaking wasn't all that great (although it was pretty easy to fix) it did give me a good reason to go back and paint things while he wasn't glued together.


This guy got my normal Space Wolves treatment of Shadow Grey over black primer. Next I edged him with Space Wolves Grey and then washed the armor with Asurmen Blue.

You can see in the pic above the magnet I stuck in his shoulder.


Here he is (almost) assembled. I am going to paint the head and glue that in once the model is complete.

One of the things I need to do is go back and redo the magnet in the models' right shoulder. The magnet is crooked and all of the arms look weird when they are on him. I'm not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment