Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Have You Checked Out Avatars or War Lately?

I hadn't. I liked the idea of the Dire Wolf as a Fenrisian Wolf for my Space Wolves. The problem has always been price. With the new Space Wolf book, you could possibly run 15-20 wolves easily, and at $15 a pop, there was no way I was going to use the Dire Wolf model, no matter how cool it is, and it doesn't really look like it would mix and match with the sad little wolves I have from GW.

I really liked a couple of their sculpts for the Dwarfs including the Dwarf Berserker and the Dwarf Lord. I was always considering getting the Berserker as a champion for a Slayer Unit, or a Daemon Slayer if I ever choose to run one. I have been slowly collecting Slayers but they seem to be the kind of models that you want ever single one to be Unique. For that reason I have shied away from the box sets from GW. I am bought a few off of eBay but I really don't want to spend $8 a model for guys that I probably wont use that often.

Then I see this on the Avatars of War site! A box of 32-36 individual "Slayers" for about $45 US? Yes please! I can tell you I will be picking these up as soon as they become available!

Oh, and I saw they have a named Berserker model, and a new Standard Bearer!



No comments:

Post a Comment