Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer: WiP 1

Since realizing I forgot to put any commentary into my last post for my Chaos Space Marine Lord, I decided to go back and fix it, you can see an update post here. 

For those that wont go back, I feel obligated to relate the story of where I got these minis. 

A few weeks back, Dave Taylor (of Dave Taylor Fameposted on his blog that a friend of his was getting rid of some of his miniatures. 

So I boogied over to Akers' blog and snatched up an old-school Chaos Lord with Power Fist and a Chaos Sorcerer (although seeing as these are still current minis, I'm not sure if is fair to call them old-school).


There isn't much progress on this guy yet. I have really only put down the Mechrite Red over the black undercoat, and then laid down Scorched Brown for where I plan to paint gold/brass (which is quite a bit of the model.


The backpack of this guy is really cool. I really like the dragons. I have an idea of what I'm going to do with it, and I hope I pull it off.


One of the things I have been considering for this guy's "skirt" and the cape of the Chaos Lord was what color should I paint them. I was originally going to try to paint the Chaos Lord's cape a skin color, but then I thought it might look weird with the fur at the top,and then I didn't know how I would tie these together. I have an idea of what I may do, but I'm going to lay down some paint before I let you guys know what I am thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment